Because most of the dogs in the NMDDB program have experienced enough suffering to last them a couple of lifetimes, we want to make EXTRA sure we are sending them to the absolute best homes possible. Hence, this is what we require of our adopters:
- Person adopting dog has to be 18 years of age or older
- Person adopting dog may not have been convicted of any form of animal cruelty, domestic violence or child abuse
- Person adopting dog may not have surrendered a dog to our group, or an affiliate rescue organization
- Person adopting dog must remain in compliance with the number of allowed animals by your local animal welfare ordinance
- Person adopting dog must remain in compliance with any breed restrictions whether imposed by your local juristiction, rental agreement, home owners association or insurance policy
- NMDDB dogs have to be INSIDE dogs, with access provided to a safely contained outside area. They are expected to live as part of the family.
- NMDDB does not tolerate the penning, tethering, chaining or the usage of trolley systems for any of our dogs, for any reason, under any circumstance.